Saturday, May 19, 2007

new bedmate

i'm sleeping with a Giant Carolina Wolf Spider. I thought he was a hallucination or a tarantula but my good friend the internet made me doubt it because tarantulas don't usually live near here. last night for the 3rd time (at least) in the past few weeks i've woken up in the middle of the night to see a tarantula somewhere on the bed & i scream & or suck in air & jump out of bed & turn on the light & grab for something flat & heavy to kill him/shield myself & he flashes away somewhere so fast & when i work up courage to follow him where he sprinted to, he's vanished.


the dogs are no help, they don't even seem to notice. he's huge, like 4 inches wide looks like a serious tarantula in the dark. he can live for 3 years. if i die of mysterious causes like a heart attack in my bed sometime soon, this is why.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We think you should call an exterminator right away!

Anonymous said...

i agree with mom and little bro henry. spiders are one of the few things in the animal kingdom/insect kingdom that scare me.

skippy haha said...

i hadn't even thought of an exterminator! i think i'll wait to see him one more time before i call. i really need a plan of attack if i see him. should i keep a flyswatter by my bed? or some kind of container to put over him & somehow trap him inside? if i swatted him on the bed i'd probably have to throw away my sheets from the mess it'd make. i don't know if an exterminator will come for just one spider? i hope it's just one spider! i hope he found a new place to live already.

Anonymous said...

you can just have an exterminator come out and spray the whole house. never hurts when you've just moved into a place.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you bargained for all this nature when you were thinking of Asheville. I'm sure it's idyllic and you love it to death but wild cats? skeleton mountain spiders? bears? If you learn how to survive all that then I'm going to have to start calling you Nell. You've come a long way from a Long Island girl, not that you really ever where.

Anonymous said...

you are right bobby h! this is kind of like glorified camping, but the tarantula in the bed is stretching my limits.